Looking for a place to get tasty wings? Look no further than here! I've tasted several nearby wing places to make your choice of where to have a night out simple. With a more student-friendly budget kept in mind, each restaurant’s deals on wings are included.
5. St.Louis Bar and Grill
- Address: 1812 Simcoe St N #1, Oshawa, ON L1G 4Y3
- Hours: Sunday and Monday – 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., Tuesday to Thursday – 11 a.m. to midnight, Friday and Saturday – 11 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- Regular price: $13.99 for a pound of wings with dill sauce and fries or veggies.
- Wing deal: Half-price wings on Tuesdays with the purchase of a beverage.
- Flavours: Tons of options, including Cajun and authentic Buffalo.
Pictured are dry-rub Cajun wings and saucy authentic Buffalo wings.
These wings are rather small, but are still decently meaty—great if you want less mess. It was found that there was a very limited amount of the dry rub on the wings, but a very great amount of the Authentic Buffalo sauce. The Cajun dry rub was on the spicier side but lacked a real kick of heat as there was not quite enough of it on the wings. The saucy wings, on the other hand, were coated perfectly with flavour packed in. This is definitely the place to go if you’re looking for some saucy wings, but are trying to keep your face as clean as possible.
4. Jack Astor's Bar and Grill
- Address: 75 Consumers Dr., Whitby, ON L1N 9S2
- Hours: Sunday to Thursday – 11 a.m. to 1 a.m., Friday and Saturday – 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Regular price: $9.96 for five-piece wings with veggies and your choice of dipping sauce.
- Wing deal: No deals on their wings.
- Flavours: Buffalo hot, Buffalo medium, Buffalo mild, sesame garlic ginger, toffee/chipotle
Pictured is saucy medium wings.
The wings were medium in size, but not so much in spiciness. They tasted as more of a mild compared to the other wings on this list. If you are looking for a bit more spice, ordering a heat level up from what you are expecting may be a good idea. There is however a lot of sauce coating these wings, which does make them more messy than most other wings. A cool feature about these wings is that they are mixed right at your table by a server.
3. Wild Wing
- Address: 1155 Ritson Rd. N, Oshawa, ON L1G 8B9
- Hours: Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday — 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday – 11:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday – 11:30 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Wing deal: Half-price wings on Tuesdays with purchase of a beverage.
- Regular price: $14.50 for one serving of wings with veggies and your choice of dip.
- Flavours: 101 in total, refer to their website for more details.
Pictured is the traditional style, honey garlic flavoured wings
These award-winning wings are the best of the chain restaurants near the university. These wings are not quite as fresh as some of the other wings, though they are the perfect bite-sized wings. The breading is light and bubbly, providing slight crunch without being too dry or crispy. An average amount of sauce, which is very flavourful, as expected. Definitely a great place to get your classic chicken wing.
2. Whisky John's Bar and Grill
- Hours: Sunday to Saturday 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Address: 843 King St W, Oshawa, ON L1J 2L4
- Wing deal: $0.69 wings Tuesdays and Thursdays with beverage purchase
- Regular price: $12 for a pound of wings with veggies and ranch sauce.
- Flavours: Mild, medium, hot, suicide, whisky BBQ, honey garlic, sweet chili, pineapple curry, Caribbean jerk, Cajun, roasted garlic pepper, lemon pepper
Dry-rub Cajun wings pictured.
The meatiest wings on the list. However, some of the wings were found to be a bit fatty. Fresh-tasting chicken with very crispy breading. There was a heavy amount of seasoning. Had a nice amount of spice to it. Being someone who likes spicy wings, these satisfied that want without being overly heated. Definitely a hotspot for those who like flavorful dry rub wings.
1. The Crooked Uncle Bar and Grill
- Address: 1180 Simcoe St N, Oshawa, ON L1G 4W8
- Hours: Sunday – 11 a.m. to midnight, Monday to Saturday – 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Wing deal: $7.95 for a pound of wings on Wednesdays.
- Regular price: $10.98 for a pound of wings with veggies and your choice of dipping sauce.
- Flavours: Mild, medium, hot, suicide, crooked, Cajun, lemon pepper, honey garlic, garlic and parmesan, Thai, jerk, sweet chili, BBQ blue cheese, tequila lime, Forget About It, Forty Creek BBQ. Any combination of flavours is also available.
Pictured is dry-rub Cajun-flavoured wings.
For a great price, you are served medium-sized wings that pull apart effortlessly with each bite. Very meaty, with the chicken tasting fresh and beyond flavourful alone without the rub on top. A thinner breading on these wings, with a moderate amount of spices dusted on the wings. The Cajun spice was on the more spicy side of Cajun wings. With 13 Best Wing awards, it is no surprise they are at the top of our list.
Overall, all the wings were beyond satisfying with each having something different to offer. The long lists of flavours can make it hard to choose just one, so grab a group of friends and split on orders of different flavours to really enjoy the tastes.